Friday, June 25, 2010

Back from Cabo

My husband and I took our 2 kids to Cabo San Lucas for a little vacation- since our April London trip was waylaid by the Icelandic volcano, we made up for it by going to Mexico.
Okay, it wasn't exactly England- but it was a rare and special time for just my family to spend some relaxing time together.
I have never been to an all inclusive resort before- it was a real treat. We stayed at the Riu Palace and let me tell you- they know how to do it up right! Great food, flowing drinks, lovely rooms and pools- beautiful beach-just perfect. We felt pampered and returned rested. 5 nights is just enough- any more than that would be too much, like (as my brother Chip put it ) it would be like being locked in a dessert bar! I painted every day,  here's my airport sketch in Houston.
And here is a view from my lounge chair.


It's wonderful to be home, and back in the USA.
I will remember our vacation forever though, it was wonderful.



2 comments:

Paintings by Patricia said...

Sounds lovely and what a nice time to spend with family. Just perfect!

Nancy Colella said...

Your girls are so pretty! Sounds to me like the dream vacation. I'm with you about the five days. Any longer than that, and you start to get "punchy".