Tuesday, June 1, 2010

festival demo painting 12"x12" acrylic on canvas

I painted this in the street talking to people- It is a challenge to paint with all the action- but fun.
The paint was drying at the speed of light so I had to paint fast- but the cool thing about acrylics is its layer-ability,
Today was the last tea ceremony for the school children at the Art Complex- I love to be around these wonderful tea people-here is Glenn Sorei Perriera, teamaster, introducing his lovely assistants. I love their kimonos!


2 comments:

Manon said...

Your painting is fantastic!! I also paint with acrylics so I can understand that drying time!!
I would love to be involved in a tea ceremony. I drink matcha tea often and I know the that it's a ritual in the preparation for the Japanese people.

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

The painting came out great - I love the little girl, too! And I'd love to see a tea ceremony - do they ever do them for the public?