Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Painting Challenge and more from Charleston


My submission to the Daily Paintwork challenge- Carol Marine posted this photo from one  of her trips to Germany. I was there in the 80's and I loved it- especially the southern town of Künzelsau. I met a great gal there and stayed with her family.
They were involved in World War 2 and had helped Jews hide from the Nazi's.
See all the paintings here-I loved doing this!I primed the panel hot pink then used a limited palette of acrylics. Took me about 30 minutes- it is 6x8inches.

 The gardens and yards of Charleston are so sweet- I could see painting some plein Air paintings there someday!
These shots are from "south of Broad" -a very good place to live...

4 comments:

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

STUNNING. One of my all-time favorites! You just - wow - you just nailed it!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

30 Minutes?
WOW! You slammed this one, Sally.
The composition is wonderful with the shadow in the foreground, the road leading the eye into the distant 'purple haze'! :D
Love it!

Pam Holnback said...

Great job on the colors in the challenge pieces. I, too, can see some future Charleston paintings. Look forward to them.

Sally Dean said...

thanks everyone!