Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Molly and Muffy 12"x12" acrylic

Molly was the sweetest beagle in the entire world- my brother's neighbor found her by the side of a St. Louis highway when they lived there 8 or so years ago. ALthough they were not even looking for a dog, my sister in law and brother fell in love with her-0 those eyes could melt glaciers. They moved across the street from me 5 years ago.
Molly's front right leg was severely injured and they had to amputate it- but that little sweetheart was able to run down the hill to the creek just as fast as could be.
She died last winter- we miss her a lot.
Muffy the cat has also passed on- this painting was a gift for my niece Kellies 18th birthday- these were her beloved pets.
My reference was a real picture of Molly photoshopped next to a google image cat, and a photo of Muffy for the markings...it was fun to do. I added lilies as a symbol of remembrance.


No comments: