Friday, January 15, 2010

Nice Shirt! 8" x10" watercolor on paper


I painted this one with black watercolor during one of the visits the Duxbury senior center makes to the museum with the early Alzheimer group- the pattern was on a shirt worn by one of the volunteers. They were painting, and I joined in.
There are patterns everywhere!
 
This week I attended the Boston premier of "I Remember Better When I Paint"
at Boston University.
It was a beautiful documentary about how art is beneficial to people living with
 Alzheimer's disease.

3 comments:

Manon said...

This is terrific Sally! My aunt has Alzheimer's but her sons won't get her the help she needs. I think a program like this would be hugely beneficial to her!! Thanks for sharing!!

Sally Dean said...

Thank you Manon- I hope this helps- not sure if there is a program like this in your area- maybe you can start one! Its very gratifying to see people tapping into the creative, the present. I wish you luck with your aunt.

Joe said...

Thanks. I checked out the film on google and saw the trailer at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54AtoQVGfwU

and read that you can buy a DVD of the film on Amazon.