Thursday, January 7, 2010

Right Handed paperwhites 8" x 10" oil on canvasboard


I did this one with my right hand ( I am left handed)
I am thinking about my friend Kate- my friend who had the brain tumor removed in October. She is doing well and at home, but her right hand is slow to recover(she is right handed). I think alot about how I would deal with this as an artist and not being able to use my left hand.
It wasn't easy to open up the tubes and I managed to spill something and it was a little frustrating to get used to moving my brush and my arm got tired but I like how loose the flowers are - maybe I should keep doing this.

4 comments:

chris peters said...

Sally, I clicked these up to size---they're gorgeous!! You know, that might be an idea for one of your 'girls' group challenges---for everyone to complete a painting only working with their non-dominant hand.

bryson said...

Nice, Sal! I commend you for working outside of your 'comfort zone'. It's a great exercise but the painting works well too - I like the looseness. (I love the way narcissus look but I never have any because I hate the smell! lol) XO Bryson

Sally Dean said...

Thanks guys.
I think thats a good idea Chris!
And yes, Bryson- the smell is interesting....

Paintings by Patricia said...

Amazing job with the right hand...I have some of those and had to move them to another room as my husband can't stand the smell. They are pretty though.