Monday, October 24, 2011

#55 "After Degas"and #56 "Pumpkin Pie"/80 acrylic 8"x8"'s

This is after Degas- one of my favorites in his bather series. This piece is at the Hill- Stead museum in Hartford.Ct... a must- visit place. Their permanent collection has many jewels.
Edgar Hillaire Degas (French, 1834-1917)The Tub, 1886
I have not seen the show at the MFA yet- cannot wait to go.

This is me thinking about pumpkin pie and all the parts that are needed. This crisp weather is making me think about pot roast and pie! I better get out and walk so I can justify the eating....
I kept the pine needles in the picture- love the texture.

2 comments:

Paintings by Patricia said...

I saw the MFA Degas exhibit a few weeks ago....just marvelous and I too love the bather series. I didn't realize he did so many sculptures.
Yum, pumpkin pie...

myra anderson said...

sally thank you for answering my question about the acrylics photo!!! love these paintings . . . your degas is magnificent!!