Saturday, March 20, 2010

2 market day paintings 8" x 8" oil on canvas



My Stepmom Jan raises sheep for the wool ( and the lamb but I am not going to discuss that) and she sets up every Saturday at the Waimea farmers market. She also sells eggs 
( really awesome eggs from very happy chickens) It's up at 5, pack the car and get there by 6- opens at 7. I tagged along and set up my easel and painted- it was a blast! I met so many nice  peopIe- and did two paintings.


I forgot to take pics of the booth- I will next Saturday-I am going back- the bread lady next to us commissioned me to paint her booth!
Here I am in action- 




5 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

WOW, you ARE a festival painter! That's a slammin' painting, too.
Nicely done!

Paintings by Patricia said...

What fun and a great painting.

Anonymous said...

I love seeing you in action and the finished product of what you were working on!

Michele
xo

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Way to go, Sally! Nice painting, and I am happy for your commission! You should be so pleased!

Anonymous said...

Markets make such wonderful subjects for painting and you did a wonderful job with this one.