Saturday, March 27, 2010

Darrell Hill Workshop at Hill House ( his home and studio)

 It was a great day- helped Jan set up at the farmers market and started a commission for the bakery lady at the next  booth - Karen of "dancing duck"I had a chocolate almond croissant to get me going- mmmmm....
 Here's Jan in her fabulous wool  and fresh egg booth.
These are some of the lovely goods she sells there...



I left at 8:45 AM to attend the 2nd day of the workshop at Darrell Hill's house- a lovely place I could move into immediately.
After he discussed his color chart theory -which was very interesting and helpful ( great handouts too) he did a demo of a still life.

Here's what I did...I had fun doing this!

Here is the group shot after the morning session- he gave us all aprons! 

I am so glad I got to take this class- I am revved up to paint and have some new tools to put to use.


1 comment:

Paintings by Patricia said...

Lovely painting, Sally and what beautiful colors of wool..