Friday, March 12, 2010

"walking in memphis" colored pencil on paper

A very long day today- and a very long week. 
I have such an appreciation of schoolteachers- I had to visit two high schools this week at 7:15 yesterday and today- and man- its not easy. No time for flowers- I am beginning to think that it is a luxury to do art every day. It IS a luxury- unless it brings home the bacon.
I am thankful I have my job- it brings me to all sorts of places. I am thankful it is FRIDAY too. 
This is in a sketchbook I dug out of the bookshelf- it is toned paper- and I made myself draw it before dinner tonight ( thank you Al for making me dinner!)I love prismacolor pencils... its been a while since I used them. I called it "walking in memphis" because that song just popped into my tired head. 

7 comments:

Paintings by Patricia said...

Great little piece, Sally and thanks for the appreciative comments.

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

It's a fun piece, and don't FRET if you miss a day - it's 365 flowers - not 365 DAYS! You can end a few days late - no big deal! Isn't Al great?

Nancy Goldman said...

You did this before dinner??? With colored pencils, it would have taken me at least a week. I love your design and colors.

Kath said...

There's tulips in the drawing. Doesn't that count as flower for today? Love him. Love your style.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

You really DO PUSH IT, Sally. You're amazing and I love that you are dedicated enough to knock this great painting out in a short space of time!
Love the title, too.
Al's cool ;)

Anonymous said...

Such whimsy! I think you need to create a story to go with this "illustration."

Linny D. Vine said...

I love "walking in memphis", Sally.
Such joy in this one!